The UAMS–Northwest Internal Medicine Residency Program is located in Fayetteville, Arkansas, and was established in 2015 as a new fully-accredited community-based program within the Department of Internal Medicine in the UAMS College of Medicine. Our program admits 11 residents each year. We are a categorical three-year internal medicine residency program, leading graduates to certification by the by the American Board of Internal Medicine.
UAMS Northwest Internal Medicine Residency Program
The UAMS Northwest Regional Campus Internal Medicine Residency Program is supported by UAMS College of Medicine, Mercy Hospital Northwest Arkansas, and the Veterans Health Care System of the Ozarks. This program also received philanthropic support provided through Mercy Health Foundation, Walmart Foundation, and Blue & You Foundation for a Healthier Arkansas.
Quick Program Information
NRMP Program Code: 1871140C0
ACGME Program Code: 1400400924
Program Name: Internal Medicine
Institution Name: U Arkansas-Fayetteville Community Progs
Timeline for Application
- September 1, 2020: Applicants start submitting applications to residency programs via ERAS
- October 21, 2020: Residency programs begin reviewing applications via ERAS following the release of MSPEs to programs.
- November 1, 2020: Deadline for ERAS applications to the UAMS NW Internal Medicine Residency Program
- October 2020 to January 2021: Applicant Virtual Zoom Interviews at UAMS-NW (via ERAS e-mail invitation only)
- February 1, 2021: NRMP rank order list entry starts (third Wednesday)
- March 3, 2021: Deadline to certify NRMP rank order list (third Wednesday)
- March 15, 2021: NRMP Match Week begins
- March 17, 2021: SOAP Round 1 & 2
- March 18, 2021: SOAP Round 3 & 4
- March 19, 2021: NRMP Match Day (third Friday)
- June 17 to 30, 2021: Mandatory orientation at all hospital sites (two weeks)
- July 1, 2021: Academic year starts (July–June cycle)