Did you know that you can use SNAP benefits at your local farmers market? Here’s how!
- Visit the market manager booth with your EBT card.
- Swipe your EBT card for a certain amount. You will be given tokens for that amount.
- Use the tokens just like cash at the vendor booths.
- Any unused tokens may be refunded back onto your EBT card or you can save them for your next visit!
What you can buy with SNAP:
- Fruits & vegetables
- Meat, poultry, & fish
- Dairy products
- Breads & cereals
- Snack foods & non-alcoholic beverages
- Seeds & plants that produce food
What you cannot buy with SNAP:
- Alcoholic beverages, cigarettes, or tobacco
- Vitamins, medicines, & supplements
- Hot food
- Pet foods
- Arts & Crafts
Learn more at marketsnap.uark.edu.